We met at 4pm and the inspection lasted about 3 hours. Our inspector was VERY thorough and informative. Being first time home owners he really took his time and explained the functions of several aspects of a home that we did not consider the importance of. He pointed out many good items and a few items that could be improved upon. Overall he said he was happy with the work so far.
Items to review:
- Loose railing where capped wall will be upstairs.
- Railing lumber was crooked on capped wall.
- Insulation missing top portion of 2nd floor.
- Exposed wood on outside of basement.
- Exposed wood under fireplace bump out (exterior).
He took pictures of the above items. He is going to be creating a inspection report with pictures and recommendations that we should receive within 48 hours.
We were both very happy we had the inspection done. We plan to have him back for a final inspection and also a radon inspection in the spring.
If you are building in NE Ohio or need a home inspection I HIGHLY recommend Dean White at Ohio Home Inspections, LLC. http://www.neohiohomeinspections.com