Today is our Pre-Construction Meeting! I can't believe it! I have composed a list of questions I plan to ask when we meet our Project Manager. I will post the answers I receive under the questions.
- If there is shelving in the laundry room can we not install it? (We have elected for a 2nd hook up for our washer & dryer in the basement so we will not need the shelves above the washer & dryer upstairs as we saw in the model home.)
- Yes not a problem.
- Can we purchase our own sink and under mount it with the upgraded laminate we chose?
- Where is the location of the thermostat?
- By the bottom of the stairs.
Can we review light switch locations?
- Did not feel it was necessary to ask.
- Are there going to be any windows in the basement?
- Yes, 1 window.
- Where will the 2nd laundry hook up be located in the basement?
- Very left front corner of basement, near sump pump and furnace.
- Where will the basement rough in be located?
- Very back right corner of basement.
Can we create an under the stairs closet?
- Didn't ask, figure we can do this later.
- Can we insulate the garage?
- Yes, if you want to pay extra.
Can we widen the driveway & add a driveway pad next to the house?
- Better question for concrete company.
- Will there be a concrete pad poured in front of our walk out basement doors?